November 8, 2011
Looking for a Filipino original dish? Try out Sisig!
Sisig is one of the most, if not the most, popular Filipino Pulutan Recipes (a dish typically consumed with beer such as San Mig Light or Red Horse Beer). Let me give you some easy Sisig Recipe which is made of Fried pork sautéed in garlic and onions. Best served with fresh egg on top, Mayonnaise with kalamansi and some chili.
Sisig Recipe Ingredients:
* 1 1/2 kilo pork head
* 1/4 cup grilled liver, diced
* 2 small onions, minced
* 2 pieces red pepper, minced
* 1 head garlic, minced
* 6 pieces hot chili pepper, minced
* 2 tablespoons oil
* 1 cup vinegar
* 1 1/2 tablespoons liquid seasoning
* 1 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 teaspoon brown sugar
* 1 cup beef broth
Sisig Recipe Procedure:
* Grill pork head to remove hair.
* Boil the pork head until it is tender enough to chop.
* Take out all the meat and dice.
* In a pan, heat oil and sauté garlic, onion, red pepper, pork meat and liver.
* Pour in liquid seasoning, black pepper and brown sugar.
* Pour in beef broth and heat until meat is tender.
* Add in chili pepper before serving
For Best Pulutan Recipe:
– After boiling, get a skewer and grill your meats until light brown. Same procedure on doing your barbecues. The grilling will make your meat more tender and hte skin crispier. It’s how I saw it in Aling Lucing Sisig in Pampanga! which is the queen of Pork Sisig!
Other Meat Options:
– Try Chicken Meats- same procedure of cooking but more Mayonnaise to make the sauce thick.
– Try Tuna Meats- best to be sauteed only and not boiled. Add the same ingredients (add brown sugar if u want it sweet) and add mayonnaise too for a thick.
Whats with Aysee?
The menu above is not an original Aysee recipe, theirs is a bit dry and have some chicharon bits on top. I would say it was really yummy 10 years ago! when probably the pork is much meatier and tastes good with a plenty of servings too. My recent visit is not the same as yesteryears but I admire how this eatery expanded their market in Eastwood, Greenhills and even in Tiendesitas. But of course nothing beats the ambiance of Aysee in Ultra, which is a memory of lanes of my drinking years and kulitan moments with barkada and officemates. That is probably the secret of this brand name “Aysee” where friends meets and have their Sisig in a very affordable price plus buckets of beers to enjoy. And yes, the free chocnut! as a dessert is what I always remember from this place. Today, they have expanded their grilled plates menus with Lucban longanisa and variances of Sisig meats too.
My Top 5 Sisig Recommendation:
1. Aling Lucing Sisig -nothing beats their taste and cost, a good stop for a food trip when in Angeles, Pampanga
2. Sisig Hooray – for the taste and cost value (good for home party and take home)
3. Aysee – for taste and drinking session in Ortigas. Lots of street parking, and a typical carinderia ambiance.
4. Congo Grille – for the crispy sisig and the bar dine in ambiance. Their crispy pata is yummy too!
5. Jerry’s Grille – taste is good, plus their nice tall beer dispenser.
My rating is based on how I remember their taste and the value of my money, plus the beer match taste. Sisig Hooray is # 2 probably because of take out for beer drinking at home or house party.
How about you? Please share your best SISIG recipe and eating places here!
Ultimate Blogger Theme By Buywptemplates