July 23, 2011
Twenty Years ago, a few high rise building can only be seen in the Greater Manila Area. And Construction Progress is always welcome in nation building. But we have to be aware on the guidelines governing occupational safety and health in the Construction Industry in the Philippines. Be Aware. Be Safe!
THE GUIDELINES GOVERNING OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY in the Philippines
Department Order No. 13, series of 1998
Department of Labor and Employment
Bureau of Working Conditions
This Guidelines aims to:
1. Harmonize D.O. 13 with other existing standards and laws related to safety and health particularly in the construction activities and operations in all worksites and workplaces.
2. Provide stakeholders with clear and complete guide in order to comply with the requirements of D.O. No. 13 including the relevant rules of the Occupational Safety and Health Standards.
3. Standardize the procedures in the filing and processing of applications of Construction Safety and Health Program.
4. Strengthen linkages with other government and agencies and organizations involved in safety and health in the Construction Industry.
5. Enhance compliance with the requirements of D.O. 13 as well as the relevant provisions of Occupational Safety and Health Standards.
For the complete guidelines, please click the link below;