March 23, 2011
Would you like to surprise your family or someone special with a very good pasta recipe? This is very easy and I bet that they will call you an instant Chef!
This is my own recipe that always a big hit and rated special by my family.
2 Canned Tuna (I used Century Tuna Brine or in Vegetable oil)
1 pack Kesong Puti (Carabao Cheese)
2 pack Del Monte Tomato Sauce
1 tablespoon of Seasalt
1 cloves of garlic
2 table spoon butter
3 table spoon Olive Oil
Half teaspoon of Pepper
2 Red Onions
12 pcs of cherry tomatoes
Handful of Fresh Basil Leaves
1 table spoon of fresh lime juice
2 table spoon of Cooking Oil (for pasta)
1 kilo of Tubular Pasta ( preferably cannelloni)
1 small bowl of fresh sweet mango (cut in dice)
1 tablespoon of Pure Honey
Dash of Italian Herbs
1. Drain Tuna Meat
2. Wash the Cherry Tomatoes and Fresh Basil Leaves
3. Chopped Onions and Garlic
4. Cut in the Carabao Cheese in dice
5. Boil the Pasta for 14mins, add 2 tablespoon of Cooking Oil and a pinch of salt. Stir it to make sure that the pasta will not stick to your casserole. Once cooked, drain the pasta and set it aside.
6. Heat your sauce pan. Put your butter and saute your chopped onions and garlic until fragrant.
7. Add Olive Oil, Tuna Meat. Stir to Cook
8. Add Fresh Lime Juice, Pepper and SeaSalt. Stir until Tuna is cooked
9. Pour in tomato sauce. Add honey. Continuously stir to blend all the taste
10. Add Cherry Tomatoes (dont cut it), Basil Leaves and Diced Mangoes.
11. Add Carabao Cheese. Stir to Cook until the cheese melts
12. Your sauce is already cooked once you have its thickness and tomatoes is already pickled looking.
13. Prepare a Mixing Bowl
14. Place your drained Pasta in Mixing Bowl
15. Add your sauce and mix it carefully so as not to break your tube pasta.
16. Ready to Serve!
Unfortunately I wasn’t able to take a picture of the finish products since my family was already waiting to eat. But this photo was taken while I was cooking this original recipe of mine. And I am sharing it! Soon, you can have this at Sugarleaf Store!
Enjoy! and Happy Healthy Eating!