March 16, 2011
There are 6 most common sleeping positions that can indicate your personality type. This means that our body position in bed could tell something about who we are and not just what else is happening in our lives.
According to Professor Chris Idzikowski, director of the Sleep Assessment and Advisory Service, “We are all aware of our body language when we are awake but this is the first time we have been able to see what our subconscious posture says about us. What’s interesting is that the profile behind the posture is often very different from what we would expect.”
The study also associate some sleeping positions with health risks such as aid digestion, spur on snoring and restlessness. The following are the 6 common sleeping positions and their correlated personality traits and health implications:
* Fetus position: It is the most common position and women are twice as likely to sleep like this than men. This type of position indicates that the sleeper is tough on the outside but sensitive and may appear to be shy but can quickly warm up.
* Log position: The sleeper is a social and easy-going person. He is trusting up to the point of being gullible.
* Yearner position: A yearner is said to be open-minded but still cynical, suspicious and stubborn about sticking to decisions once they are made.
* Soldier position: These people are reserved, quiet, without fuss and hold themselves and others to a high standard. They also tend to snore due to the flat-back position. This may not cause them to wake up often but may result in a less restful night’s sleep.
* Freefall position: These people are brash, outgoing and are very uncomfortable with criticism.
* Starfish position: These sleepers are good listeners, helpful and are uncomfortable being the center of attention. Like the soldiers, they also tend to snore and suffer from a restless night’s sleep.
Study also shows that most people stay in the same position all night , only a few lay differently night by night and most people cover their bodies with blanket exposing an arm, leg or both feet.
Ultimate Blogger Theme By Buywptemplates