February 8, 2011
Crispylylicious! Jucylicious! Amoy Delicious! and Gravylicious!
The branding tagline for Jollibee Chickenjoy which is to date is the most successful chicken product of the Quick Service Restaurant in the Philippines. I remember that I’m almost scared to grow my own chicken wings during the height of my addiction with ChickenJoy being my daily meals consistently for two weeks. And to date, it remains in my top three choices when I crave for fried chicken- KFC, Jollibee, and Shakeys (with mojos)
What’s their secret? A very simple marketing strategy and taste which is not so surprising to capture the heart of every Filipino family.
The Jollibee 7P’s Marketing Strategy:
– Primary Target Market Moms and dads with kids (0-12 years old), across socio-eco classes, chicken eaters
– Potential (Total Market) In the last 25 years, Chickenjoy has evolved from just a plain chicken product to a strong and well-loved brand in the QSR (quick service restaurant) industry. It reached the level of having an established emotional affinity among Filipinos given its constancy as a functional product and the heritage that it continuously imparts in every household
– Positioning A uniquely delicious total sensory experience enjoyed by the whole family: Crispylicious, juicylicious, amoy delicious and gravylicious. Satisfies not only your family’s craving for a delicious chicken meal but also your family’s needs for bonding moments.
– Product Best tasting chicken: Jollibee Chickenjoy
– Price value-for-money price (Feb 2011): 1-pc Chickenjoy or Spicy Chickenjoy with rice & gravy: P70.00 (solo) P86.00 (value meal) 2Pcs P115 (solo) P131 (value meal)
– Place All Jollibee stores nationwide- Dine-in, take-out counters and delivery (currently, there are more than 900 stores nationwide)
– Promotion TVC, Print, and Billboard
[ad#Google Adsense – Text Insert 3162010][ad#Google Adsense – Text Insert 3162010]
The Chicken Joy Original Crispy Recipe:
It has to be marinated! For a size of 15 lbs of chicken :
1 tablespoons Kosher Salt
1 tablespoons MSG
1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/3 cup Bottled Chicken Concentrate (Brands like Maggi, its a liquid bouillon cube or paste)
5 cups water
Mix all of the above and soak the chicken in the above marinate for 24 hours under refrigeration. The Original Recipe is not packaged in three different places. The way it is cooked and the process make it taste like it has eleven herbs and spices when in reality there is not. The way it is done in the restaurant is using dried eggs and milk in the flour along with a box of breading salt and the seasoning bag and a bag of breading flour.
Jollibee ORIGINAL RECIPE:
2 fryer chickens cut up into 8 pieces and marinated
6 cups Crisco Shortening (A P&G manufactured brand, it s also known as the Vegetable Shortening)
1 eggs well beaten
2 cups Milk
2 cups Flour
2 teaspoons ground pepper
1 tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon MSG
1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 dash paprika
Place shortening into the pressure cooker and heat over medium heat to the shortening reaches 400°F. In a small bowl, combine the egg and milk. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining six dry ingredients. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk until fully moistened. Roll the moistened chicken in the flour mixture until well coated. In groups of four or five, drop the covered chicken pieces into the shortening and lock the lid. When pressure start to builds up, cook for 10 minutes.
* 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth, undiluted
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Whisk in broth and remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 2 minutes or until mixture thickens.
Now, Enjoy your home cooked version of Chicken Joy! You may even enhance the taste and dont forget to invite me soon on your product launching 🙂
Ultimate Blogger Theme By Buywptemplates