April 24, 2010
Mall of Asia
Aliwan Fiesta is always the most awaited annual event for most of the photographers like me. I opted to skip my Sunset Run in Greenfield and brave the strong heat at 2pm to shoot in MOA. As expected, the colorful costumes, floats and beautiful parade muses makes the photographers go wild! as their shutter clicks sounds like a drum beat.
This seems to be a long walk for the participants marching from MOA to Star City, but I prefer the recent formation area which is huge enough for the participants to practice their dance piece.
Kudos to the organizer! A job well done and Congratulations to the Winners!
StreetDance Winners List:
1. Tribu Paghidaet of La Paz National High School (Iloilo Dinagyang Festival) – One million pesos grand championship
2. Region 9’s Zamboanga Hermosa Festival
3. Tribu Kasag of Banate, Iloilo
Runners Up: Grupo Fuerte Baile for the Iloilo Paraw Regatta, Masbate’s Lapay Bantigue festival, Halamang Dilaw festival of Marilao, Bulacan, Pakalog festival of Pasig, and both the Buklod and Padang-Padang festivals from Parang, Maguindanao.
1. Cotabato City’s Kanggulagna sa Maguindanao float won the P500,000 first prize
2. Bahandi Han Dagat (Tanauan, Leyte)
3. Kagkawing sa Maguindanao
Runners up: Baguio’s Let a Thousand Flowers Bloom, Guiguinto’s Singkaban/Halamanan float, Parang’s Kaguinakit Ta Laya, Saranggani’s Pakaradyan, Cotabato’s Ipat, Cebu’s Kingof Kings for the Sinulog, and Boling Parikitan of Catanauan, Quezon.
Aliwan Queen :
1. Rizzini Alexis Gomez, representing the Sinulog Festival of Cebu
2. Angelie Joy Golingay of Iloilo Dinagyang
Runners up: Maricel Gabalfin of Mabalacat, Pampanga,, Shihan Go or Caloocan, and Mariel Joyce Pascua of Tampakan, South Cotabato rounding up the court of runners-up. Rizzini Gomez also won special awards for Best in Swimsuit and Best in Evening Gown, while Mariel Pascua likewise took home the Best n Festival Costume and Miss Talent awards.
Ultimate Blogger Theme By Buywptemplates